Monday, November 3, 2014

Worked a little outside today

Always more to do before Winter. We have a very, and I mean verrry old hot tub outside. The poor thing is falling apart. A couple of the jets aren't working properly, and it may actually be leaking somewhere but no matter. Lol! Time to shut it down, and today I crawled under the deck (so gross) where the pump is.....where water, leaves, and mud is, and where spiders ( is.) *grin* I had to open the valves which was easy then, dis-assemble (sp?) the computerized pump which comes apart in two places. Well, I hope it does, 'cause that's what I did! I had a hell of a time trying to take it all apart, and there's no room under there! So, there was a lot of swearing! My husband came out at one point to see how I was doing, but he turned around and went right back inside, he told me later. Lol! I finally got it, and hauled it all into the garage where it will rest till next Spring.
Gathered up all the Halloween decorations outside, plus Pumpkins and got rid of them. Had fun throwing the Pumpkins over the bank and smashing them on trees and on the ground! Lol
 I cut, and spliced some wires then put them back together and got the Treble Light working which I'm getting pretty good at (splicing that is)  then, filled the bird feeder up. It hangs in front of the highest window we have so, this is another tricky thing to do. I have an extension pole with a hooked metal end rigged onto it, and you have to hook the feeder onto it waaaaay up above your head. Not so bad bringing it down when it's empty, but when it's full, and you're trying to hook it back up well, that's another story. Hope you're happy birds!
I also gathered up all recycling, and garbage and took it downstairs, and tomorrow I really need to get to the Dump!
Also tomorrow I'll try and get something done in here before going back to work Wed.

No comments:

Post a Comment